Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Procrastination is the thief of time

 Last Saturday, I was in a meeting in my workplace. To our surprise, one of my colleague announced her resign . None of us was predicting that since she has been working for more than six year here and in my view, it seemed that she enjoyed the environment of work. We were full of questions and curiosity but at the end she told us that she has to moved for there is a bigger issue that she needed to focus for now, family. Well, for that, I believe all of us would agree. But we still wonder why she has to moved until we finally found out that her big family was away. She wanted to be with them now, so she decided to move. 
So, the meeting now turned out to be a sad farewell party with her. Almost, or if I can say, all of us, was crying at that time, including the director. However, he still had a big heart to give a farewell speech. One thing that I like the most from his speech was when he told us that procrastination is the thief of time. I was not familiar with the word until he told us that it was the postpone of your plan again and again and it was a form of thief of time. He told  my colleague, that where ever she would be, later on, she had to find something to do, to keep her productive. 
I like my director's statement. And I think that would be a new life tagline for me. Besides, it is also a new word :)

No comments:

Post a Comment